Seven Questions for Kevin Goolsby
Posted by broncolor on Mar 2nd 2022
1. Tell us about yourself.
- I’m Kevin Goolsby and I am a photographer in Atlanta, GA and I have been shooting for 19 years as a professional. I went to Savannah College of Art and Design.
- 2. How did you discover your love for photography?
I discovered my love of photography when I was a graphic designer and saw that I could incorporate my graphic style into the photography and create one-of-a-kind artwork with a message. I worked on a few magazines and decided to go full-time photographer when I realized there are no limits to the images with my imagination.
3. What inspires you and your work?
Creating inspirational imagery with my imagination is what inspires my work the most. I love showing people a perspective on light, color and form they've probably never seen or even thought of before.
- 4. Why did you choose broncolor?
- I've been through a lot of lighting products. Once I used broncolor, I saw the way the products were built and that they gave me such great light balance with their technology. It was a no-brainer.
- 5. What is your favorite broncolor tool?
The Para 133HR matched with a Siros head it is my go-to setup.
- 6. How would you describe your “lighting style”?
My lighting style would be considered theatrical and very dramatic (depending on the project).
I love color and shocking the eye with some crazy lighting or indoor face images that would be hard to ignore. I am always trying new styles, whether it be for portraits or large layouts within a scene.
7. Where can people find more of your work?
You can find my work at www.kevingoolsby.com and floating around the commercial world every once in awhile.